still being haunted by visions of the pactbound cast in halloween costumes ................ i simplyyy cannot stop thinking about vriar dressed in the fucking i don't dance baseball uniforms . you know it's bad when you can't even listen to the high school musical 2 soundtrack without thinking about the little guys in your head
anyway i keep forgetting wip wednesday so here is SOMETHING for all the vriarnators out there (me. i am the one and only vriarnator)
All the weight of Vale's body toppled onto mine, and I lay breathlessly below until he twisted to look at me. His eyes, briefly wide, settled into confused recognition.
“Hello,” he said, after a fruitless moment spent in search of a better word.
It took him no effort to break my grip around his middle, so I swung an arm over his neck instead. “Seriously,” I said as I tugged him back down, “are you stupid?”
The blank look on his face suggested he must be. From a distance I had filled in his expression with anguish and tears, but it was utterly clear now. Still, I soldiered on.
“I told you I was handling it. And what good do you think a pactless death would do us, anyway?”
Finally his face moved, the twitch of his lips suggesting a smile. I would’ve dug my nails into his skin if I were allowed to harm him.
“What about this is funny to you?"
“I wasn’t planning on jumping, Briar. I came up for the view.”
My pulse had leapt to a breakneck pace from the moment I saw him perched on the wall. It stuttered at his word and was lulled by his smile, in spite of all my lingering reservations. I hadn't expected to ever see that smile again, not after last night.
“You’re crushing me,” I mumbled, as I let go and did my best to wiggle out from underneath him. He paid back my overreaction in a breathy laugh before helping me to my feet. At least he wasn’t quite as eager for a useful death as I’d thought; Still, the amusement left me wishing I could push him into the sea myself.
anyway i keep forgetting wip wednesday so here is SOMETHING for all the vriarnators out there (me. i am the one and only vriarnator)
All the weight of Vale's body toppled onto mine, and I lay breathlessly below until he twisted to look at me. His eyes, briefly wide, settled into confused recognition.
“Hello,” he said, after a fruitless moment spent in search of a better word.
It took him no effort to break my grip around his middle, so I swung an arm over his neck instead. “Seriously,” I said as I tugged him back down, “are you stupid?”
The blank look on his face suggested he must be. From a distance I had filled in his expression with anguish and tears, but it was utterly clear now. Still, I soldiered on.
“I told you I was handling it. And what good do you think a pactless death would do us, anyway?”
Finally his face moved, the twitch of his lips suggesting a smile. I would’ve dug my nails into his skin if I were allowed to harm him.
“What about this is funny to you?"
“I wasn’t planning on jumping, Briar. I came up for the view.”
My pulse had leapt to a breakneck pace from the moment I saw him perched on the wall. It stuttered at his word and was lulled by his smile, in spite of all my lingering reservations. I hadn't expected to ever see that smile again, not after last night.
“You’re crushing me,” I mumbled, as I let go and did my best to wiggle out from underneath him. He paid back my overreaction in a breathy laugh before helping me to my feet. At least he wasn’t quite as eager for a useful death as I’d thought; Still, the amusement left me wishing I could push him into the sea myself.